Sundays have been really crazy for us the last two weeks. Last week I got a new calling, and yesterday Jared got a new calling. Both of us had been serving in the Youth program for a year and a half. Jared is now the first counselor in the Elders Quorum and a Scout Committee member.
Primary went really well for me yesterday. And I can definitely see now why everyone was so excited for me. It really is a lot of fun! It is also very exhausting though. We have two primaries and then the nursery so I am never really sitting down. But the kids are so cute and so fun.
I am really excited for the changes that are happening in our life. It may sound silly, but this simple change in callings really is a life change. Serving in YM and YW... it becomes your life. Especially in our ward where we have a very busy youth schedule. And those kids really grew on us too. They became our family. I will miss them tremendously....but know that life must go on. And now I get to just play with my kids at church. That I LOVE. I get to see Ree and JC in a different setting and I am loving it.
Jared's life will be getting even busier; our ward will take up a lot of his time in the capacity he is serving in. People have always commented that they didn't know why they would put a husband and wife in the youth program when they have toddlers at home. And there have been many times when I have murmured about the same thing. But I have finally come to the conclusion that that is okay. Heavenly Father has blessed me recently to catch another glimpse of the vision of our purpose in life. Our Savior spent his entire life serving others, even as a child he was teaching and serving. Our families are definitely number one, but they can survive well on less than I thought. In fact, that is the lesson I have learned through all of this...the more we serve the Lord as he has asked us to, the more he will bless our families, even if we don't have all the time we may want with them. I guess that is why we must cherish what little moments we do have with them, and make them count. On more than one occasion Heavenly Father has helped me to feel the love he has for his children...even the most difficult to get along with....and I am so humbled by it, and inspired to serve more with a willing heart and a silenced tongue. I am excited for Jared that he will get to do more for the Savior by serving the ward in such an intimate capacity. There is much work to do! And we are all here for eachother....what a blessing. I know this church is true and I know Heavenly Father is very mindful of us and what we need to experience to grow to our fullest potentials. We don't always see it, but he does, and so faith and love are essential if we want to progress. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. And say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
2 comments:
I'm happy for your family! I know you learned a lot, but I'm glad the Lord is changing things up a bit for you guys! Enjoy Primary, and I hope Jared enjoys Elders Quorum. It was great to read your thoughts and testimony. I'm glad you're a Skelton with me!!!
Good post! It's always good to have some changes. That's the way we learn and grow. I am grateful for the callings I have had because you learn so much more about yourself and those around you! Enjoy your new callings and I hope you guys can find time for a date since you will be busy!
Post a Comment