So I finally bit the bullet and sold our dog, Tootsie. We have had her for almost a year, since a puppy, and I feel I have given it a good try. I don't know why we think we can handle a little inside dog. Maybe when the kids are much much older. But for now, I will only have an outside dog (don't worry, we aren't jumping on that right now...I'm talking like when we are able to build out on some property). Conner was devastated. He cried and was upset with us. But thanks to Auntie Bev (we sold her daughter the dog) who brought the kids some distraction treats, they were soon distracted! Funny how that works :) Last night though while in bed Ree kept asking where Tootsie was, because she usually sleeps in Ree's bed the first part of the night. And this morning JC asked where she was as well. It will take a little while getting used to being able to open a door without screaming "DON'T LET THE DOG OUT!" and being able to leave without putting her out first, and getting up in the morning to take her out right away. My kids can actually sit at there little table with food without worrying about the dog getting it! It will be an adjustment, but one that I am glad for. So basically we are really going to miss her, but glad she will be somewhere where she can be the baby. Now I can move on to trying to have a human baby! So "thanks" to the Bev and Kulia!
1 comment:
My husband would be flabergasted! (Not sure why I chose that word) He wants a dog so bad, but I say no until he is in med school.
Post a Comment