Tuesday, February 19, 2008

They Released Me!

So I was released on Sunday as the 1st Counselor in the Young Women. I have been called to be the Primary Choruster. At first I cried, as I am scared to death of this calling. But I also know that Heavenly Father has prepared me for it. I have felt over the last couple of weeks that my time with the Young Women was coming to an e nd, and He had most definitely been steering my thoughts toward primary music.

As I have looked to the internet for information and help in this calling, I am now feeling more confident.....and even a little bit excited! I am only looking forward to my first Sunday so that I can get it over with :) The learning curve is never something I look forward to, but I know that I am here on Earth to learn and to grow and to be stretched to what Heavenly Father knows is my potential. He certainly taught me a lot as a leader in YW and I was definitely put outside my comfort zone on more than one occasion, but I survived! And I am so thankful for it! I have grown so much in the last year and half...in ways that I know I could never have done on my own. SO, I guess I must take that lesson learned and apply it to my next learning adventure. It is certainly going to put me outside my comfort zone, but as I said before, I can't grow to be like my Heavenly Father without these experiences, and I know He qualifies whom He calls. So enough of that! I'm off!

2 comments:

Erickson Family said...

YAY! I found you. I had the other one something about timeout on my list and it didn't work. I have been meaning to comment you on myspace to ask you about it. Ya, Tatum's toe was so nasty! It is alot better now =D

Unknown said...

I had no idea you have a blog! So fun! You will be wonderful in your new calling. I'm compassionate service which is fine cause I get to be there for people and do a lot of cooking for all the new mommies! Good luck and hope to hear from you soon