Monday, February 18, 2008

They're At It Again!


So I could so easily post a story about Ree every day. Poor JC never gets talked about. He is just so good! And then so ornery the next moment as he is 3. But unfortunately not much of what he does is very funny :) He is such a sweetheart and so polite. He is a struggle to keep busy and still at church though. Which reminds me. I DO have a story about JC. We are trying to change our seating at church because the kids just want to play through sacrament meeting with the kids around them, and I have had it! I am trying to teach our children to sit with their family during church. They can read, or draw, but it must be with us. So JC has been having a particularly difficult time with this adjustment which has brought out all sorts of behavior durning sacrament meeting. We have made a habit out of always finding the "sacrament" picture in his Jesus book during the actual sacrament, and then we talk a little about Jesus and I tell him that during the sacrament we think about Jesus. So yesterday, in the middle of it all, he SHOUTS out, "I'm NOT thinking about Jesus Mommy, I will kill Jesus! I'm going to break his neck!" Mortified, Jared grabs Conner and runs him out faster than I have ever seen Jared move :) Everyone around us was cracking up. I am so thankful for parents who remember that they have "been there-done that."


Ree has been up to her same old stuff. Chewing on Daddy's razor (you read that right!), chowing down on dog food, dumping out the baking soda box to play in it (how she gets into half of these things I have no idea!), climbing on everything she can.....and then she turns on the sweet little angel girl charm! She is so loving and cuddley, and I can see Jared's heart just melt when he looks at her. I am finally realizing the power of a female!

1 comment:

Erickson Family said...

That kills me!! My kids are always saying crazy stuff in church and it seems like it's always when it's the most quiet moment. (It's mostly Asia, that girl is NOT quiet!)