Well sorry no pictures this time, but I do have some great recipes to post. I made a stew in my crock pot yesterday that was to die for good. And all I did to it was add some cut up apples. Delicious!! But the icing on the cake was the crescent recipe from my sister. So I will include the original recipe and her ammended one. I also have been given the best cornbread recipe I have ever had (If anyone else has a good cornbread recipe, I am HAPPY to have it). So here you go! Have a great day!
Crescents (original)
1 pkg yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 c warm water
1/2 c warm milk
1/2 c softened butter
1/3 c sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp salt
4-4 1/2 c flour
Dissolve yeast in water. Add remaining ingredients plus 2 c of the flour. Mix. Gradually mix in remaining flour and knead until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise until double in size. Punch down, divide into 4 balls. Roll out into 8 inch circles and brush with softened butter. Cut into 8 wedges and roll up, beginning with wide end. Cover and let rise a second time, about 30 mins. Bake at 375 F for 12-14 mins.
Crescents (ammended)
3/4 plus 2 Tbls warm milk
1/4 c warm water
3 Tbls sugar
2 tsp yeast
6 Tbls butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3-4 heaping cups flour
Dissolve yeast in milk and water mixture. Add remaining ingredients plus 1/2 cup flour and mix well. Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Follow instructions for original crescent recipe above.
Cousin's Cornbread
1/2 c butter or margarine
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c cornmeal
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c milk
Combine butter, sugar and eggs and mix well. In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and mild to butter mixture and blend only to moisten. Bake in well greased 8x8 at 375 F oven for 35-40 mins, or until golden and delicious!! Let cool slightly before cutting into squares. Enjoy! It is so moist and sweet, I could eat it for dessert!
No comments:
Post a Comment