We celebrated Ree's 2nd birthday on Saturday, her actual birthday was Monday. It was funny because she fell asleep right after everyone got here, and I was serving lunch so we went ahead and let her sleep, thinking we would just wake her up for presents and cake. Well as you can see from this first picture, waking Ree up is no easy task. It took forever to get her to wake up! But she eventually woke up....although JC was ready to take on the task of Ree's birthday all by himself! He kept saying that he would open her presents for her. Her cake was cream cheese brownie cake..YUM! It was a lot of fun, but Jared and I had just finished some major "remodeling" that week and when everyone left, we CRASHED. We were supposed to go to the temple that night for stake temple night, but we couldn't hardly stand up. And we still don't feel like we have recovered yet.
So here are some pictures from Ree's birthday. The ones with JC and another boy have a funny story behind them. Because Grandma's are all alike, both Grandma's just had to bring JC a present too. (waah waah) :) So Avoa gave him some Bob the Builder underwear which he was very excited about. This kid kept re-wrapping it in tissue paper and wrapping paper from each gift Ree had opened, and giving it to him like it was a new gift. JC fell for it the first time and we all got a good laugh out of it. The second time he yelled out, "Oh! That was a good trick!" But by the third and fourth time he would just take it, open it, and then throw it down like nothing had happened. It was pretty funny, and as you can tell by the grin on the kid's face, he was pretty proud of himself.
Ree's favorite toys that day were these little baby sheep and pig things she got from a friend of the family. You can feed them with a bottle and they move and make sounds like baby animals. VERY CUTE!
3 comments:
That's so much fun! Can you believe how fast they grow? Have you already potty trained? You know what is so funny is the salad you gave me is actually one of our favorites! How funny! I agree, it's delicious!
I WISH I WAS THERE!!! She is so big and it all looked like such fun. What remodeling did you guys do? Happy birthday Raelee :)
Hi Megan, I found your blog on Carrian's. You have such a cute family. I loved seeing the big family picture. Looks like you are doing well.-Kaila Haskell (Hyde)
Post a Comment