Saturday, March 7, 2009

Leavenworth




A few weekends ago we were so graciously invited on a weekend in Leavenworth, WA with some good friends of ours. I had never heard of Leavenworth, but a weekend away! I am no dummy! I jumped on that offer right away and we had a GREAT time! It turns out that Leavenworth is a charming little German town about 300 miles away, northeast of Seattle. We stayed in a condo and shopped till we dropped, took a sleigh ride, ate well, and stayed up late playing games and again, eating well :) It was so beautiful there. Surrounded by mountains and snow. And the Christmas lights were still up. Jared and I have never done anything like this together so it was a real treat, even if we had to take Jackson with us. We would love to go back some time, during the summer when the flowers are in bloom and we can hike and raft and fish. The shops were AWESOME. We just really enjoyed ourselves on a much needed break! The pictures are from the sleigh ride. I will add more when I get them. My friend took some on her camera that I am waiting for. The sleigh ride was really fun. Our driver was absolutely HILARIOUS. A real wise-guy. So we fit in quite well. Between Jared, the driver, and me we could take our show on the road. Three wise-guys. It was a lot of fun. I only wish I had recorded the whole thing because he was really funny. They owned around 300 acres and built all the buildings/homes themselves using their own timber. I got a picture of the turkeys for Conner. Anyway. 300 miles that were well worth the trip. Thanks Jen and Eric!

1 comment:

Seth & Tonya said...

you lucky dog! i have wanted to go to leavenworth for like the last 7 yrs!! i hear it is awsome no matter what season you go. Thats awesome that you had a chance...