Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas 2008


We took the kids to a tree farm this year to cut our Christmas tree. They had reindeer, a petting zoo, hot chocolate, and of course, Santa Clause. We had a great time until we checked out and paid for our tree. They had given us a map when we arrived with all the different locations of the different species of trees. We wanted something in the mid price range and decided we would steer clear of the nobles as they were $41....rediculous if you ask me when we live in a place where any tree is so easily grown! We didn't even pay that much in Utah. SO. Of course nobles border every single other species of tree, and nothing is labeled. We went to a hillside that was supposed to be spruce (have no idea what that looks like) and found the tree. The whole time Jared is cutting the tree he keeps saying, "I better not be cutting down the wrong tree. I'm going to be so mad if I am cutting down the wrong tree." So we get to check out and of course we had cut down a noble. It took a while for Jared to calm down over that one. So needless to say we now have permanently engraved in our minds what a noble fir looks like :)



Christmas:
Christmas was a bit crazy. We had three, and I did dinner for both Christmas Eve and Day. I was exhausted by the end and relieved the holiday was over. I hate feeling that way about Christmas of all holidays, but we had a bit more on our mind this year with getting ready for a baby.

No comments: