For Halloween I took the kids to Kalama. They close down the main street there and the businesses hand out candy. I guess we were there late because almost everyone was out. Which worked out well because they got just the right amount of candy. I had to take them alone because Jared was busy watching over wet concrete. The city required us to replace the sidewalk in front of the house because it was protruding beyond the 2 inch city limit, thanks to the neighbor's tree. So despite my efforts (nagging), he decided to pour on Halloween day anyway. He was sure it would be all set up in time for trick-or-treating. We went ahead and re-poured our walkway as well, and that was set up, but the guy who mixed and poured for us (we had a truck come out) poured the sidewalk too wet. So Jared stayed up until about 1:00 in the morning watching the concrete. If anyone or any animal stepped in it or scratched it we would have to re-do it. So he missed trick-or-treating, because it wasn't even ready to broom by then, which was a real bummer. Instead his 7 months pregnant wife took two toddlers to walk two sides of a city main street just praying they didn't give up and get tired of walking because there was no way I could carry them back to the car. Oh how the holidays change the older you get :)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Halloween 2008
We went back and forth for weeks trying to figure out what Conner wanted to be for Halloween. First it was Buzz Lightyear, then it was Spiderman, then a pirate and then Peter Pan. And finally, on the day of our ward Harvest Festival he decided he wanted to be a pirate for sure. So we went shopping two hours before the festival to get fabric and pants and pirate "accessories." And of course wings for Raelee. Thank you Dollar Tree and the second hand store! We got home with about twenty minutes before the festival started and I got to cutting and sewing. The two were VERY excited. Conner got a kick out of wearing my knee highs (he kept saying how soft they were!) We had to talk him into them because when he wanted to be Peter Pan, well I just couldn't do that to him with those skinny little legs...in green tights! So we told him only girls wear tights and that solved that until I had to put knee highs on him to be a pirate :) HA HA. My mom gave us the Tinker Bell costume for Raelee and thanks to the Dollar Tree I found wings in the same lime green color! She just kept spinning in her outfit saying it was so beautiful and so pretty. She was in little girl heaven I think. There was a guy in our ward painting faces at the party and Raelee really wanted her face done. So he drew on these eyelashes and then poured, and I mean poured glitter dust all over her head. It took a shower and three hair washes to get most of it out. She was very very sparkly after that. It was all over her face and her arms and hands. She was so upset about it being on her hands she kept asking to wash them because they were dirty. It stopped her from eating any more candy that night though :) Anyway, we had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your story!! And once again your kids are so great. I will always remember Raelees glitter. Thanks for comming to Kysaacs Birthday dinner.
I cannot believe how awesome they look!! You got that stuff at dollar tree?
Post a Comment