So Jared got his first deer! Very exciting. He shot a doe, about 120 pounds. We have made summer sausage, pepperoni sticks, and jerky out of it ouselves....and can't wait to get another one now because it is SO GOOD!! Especially the sausage. It has been fun to figure out how to do it ourselves as well. We borrowed a friend's smoker, another friend's dryer and jerky gun which we used to load the sausage casings, not the jerky. Now Jared want's his own smoker...we'll see :)
2 comments:
Nice job!! I think it was Sarah that tried a piece of our elk one year and was so surprised. I think jen had it as a sanswhich and Sarah didn't know. Deer and elk have so much more flavor
It was really fun to see you guys the other day! You look fabulous for just have a week old baby! I don't know how you do it! I hope we can have a fun get together soon with the "old group" =D
Post a Comment