So Sunday was an interesting day. Jared had to be at the church early for meetings and then stayed because he had to be there early for practice as he was the narrator for the Ward Choir Christmas Program. So I was getting three ready for church, and of course, Conner couldn't cooperate for ANYTHING. So, we ended up 15 mins late, and all the way Conner was complaining that he hates Sundays, and he hates church clothes.
So we get there and not 5 mins goes by before Conner has earned a time out. I try to get Raelee to sit with our friends while I took Jack and Conner out, but she insisted on coming. So I literally dragged Conner out and to the Mother's Lounge, all the while holding my precious Jack with Raelee towing behind us. Two seconds after we get into th eMother's Lounge, there is a knock on the door, and a friend asking me if I needed help. To which I informed him that Conner just needed a little time to remember what good behavior looked like, and that I was fine.
As soon as we got back in the chapel and sat down, Raelee decides she needs to go to the bathroom. This time Conner is happy NOT to go with us. So, still holding Jack, I get Raelee up and moving just as the choir begins. That's when Raelee realizes that her Daddy is talking up on stage and has to run up there to him. So I go chasing after her just before she gets to him, hoping not to distract him as he is narrating on time with the prelude music. So I grab her and head out the nearest door as she is yelling that she wants Daddy! All the while, still holding Jack. A good friend met me out the door (okay so two people and later found out a third was about to head out the door to help when she saw the other two go out) and grabbed Raelee and took her to the bathroom. To which at first I was offended that people would think that I couldn't handle my three little children all by myself! But later was humbled by the third friend who didn't get up, who informed me that they just love me and remember what it was like when their's were that age, and they wanted to help.
So. Glad it's over. Just want to disappear for a while :)
3 comments:
Wow what a day I am scared for number three (not to mention another boy)but little too late right!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We really miss that ward!
ohhhh I'm so sorry!! Someday you will hear about their children doing this to them and you can just smile.
Oh Megan, I'm sorry you had such a rough day, but I can totally relate to how your feeling!! I don't have 3 but the two I have give me plenty of trouble! Your doing a great job, love you friend!!
Post a Comment