I'm six weeks now, and for some reason I thought maybe I would get through this one without the morning sickness. Boy was I wrong. But I will count my blessings as I am not vomiting like I did with the last two. So far all is going well enough :)
Jared and I went camping last weekend without the kiddos and had a great time. Of course, I forgot the camera!! We took a five mile hike out to the point of Cape Lookout and saw a sea lion when we got to the point. It was a beautiful hike with lots of views of the coastline. Really great workout too! We haven't hiked in a very long time because I don't make it very far packing Raelee on my back. So it was a treat to be able to do that. We met some friends up at Cannon beach the day we got there for some hot dogs and s'mores cooked over a campfire right on the beach. The weather was absolutely PERFECT, but the beaches unfortunately had some freaky ant hatching going on. They must have hatched on the water (didn't know that was possible) because the tide was bringing them all in. It was disgusting and kinda ruined my usual walk along the beach. The entire beach was literally plastered with these huge black ants, and you could see them floating in the water with each wave. SICK!!!
We took advantage of the time to just try and relax. We brought season one of NCIS and took one night to watch as much as we could. Kinda funny that we have to go camping by ourselves to watch a movie ha ha ha. All in all it was a great, much needed trip away. But I think I have had enough hot dogs to last a life time! Maybe that's what spurred my "morning" sickness :P By the end of the weekend we were really looking forward to seeing the kids. It's such a catch 22. Wecan't wait to get away, but then we find ourselves missing them the whole time! And wishing they were there to see the things we're seeing. The last night Jared told me he really missed Conner, because everything is so new and exciting to him. Which makes it really fun. For all of you who know Conner, you know that this is true, but the thing is he NEVER STOPS TALKING. He is exhausting with that brain of his that never stops. (wonder who he gets that from :) ) I'm sure we'll miss it some day when he stops talking to us altogether! But they really do make life richer. Well enough sentiment. I will try to do better at the picture taking and posting more often. Later!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. I wish I had a magical cure. I can tell you that it is said to be a good sign that your baby is developing when you are sick. Something postive right?
Ohhhhhh, that sounds so great! I'm glad you had a chance to do that. Weird about the ants though! I've never seen such a thing!
Post a Comment